Aaron

Aaron

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Congratulation!!!


Fortunately, I have already finished my research project. Of course, I am happy without stress. Now, I will talk about my experience about the process of research paper and the presentation of it.
About four weeks ago, teachers asked us to choose a research topic which made me very confused, because I did not know which topic I could do the best. At first, I had to talk about my interests so that I chose FASHION, but teachers told me it was too huge to do well. I chose again to be how fashion affected people and checked a lot of information about it, this time I felt better and believed I could do it well. On the other hand, when I showed my map of research paper to teacher who said she was worried about I would not find enough information. I felt very disappointed and I did not know what I could do. Thanks again! Because of your opinions, I decided the topic was BRANDS and got a lot of main ideas when I discussed with my teachers and classmates. They helped me a lot. Then I went to library to get some books and checked the internet to get a lot of information what I needed. Finally, I used a week to read all information and chose which part I needed to use in my research paper and a week to take notes of it. Although I felt much stressed at these two weeks, even the research paper appeared in my dream, when I finished my notes I felt a little confident that I thought I could do well by myself.
It became true, because when I spent the third week on my writing of research paper. Teacher told me I did an excellent job. To make my research paper perfect, I handed on my first draft and my second draft to Adrianne. From her encouragements, I added my confidence on research paper and believed myself. During my writing, I found the references made me so confused, I did not know how to do it and how to correct it, so I asked Sherry and Adrianne to help me , then I found I learned a lot from it that is why I could teach my friends to correct their references with confidence. And I want to say I found my reading skill and organization are improved during the process as well, and taking notes is a key way to do a good research paper what I find. When I saw my research paper (like a book), I felt so proud that I would bring it to China to show my parents. Now, I feel very joyful, not only because I finished my research paper, but also I learned a lot from it. Although it was my first time to do research paper, I did well in my mind.
At last, I will talk about my presentation of research paper. When I finished my writing, teacher told I would be the first to do the presentation. OK, I started to prepare it. Take notes, finish PowerPoint ( thank Toby, it is my first time to use PowerPoint on my presentation, he taught me how to do it and helped me to finish my PowerPoint) and practice. Yesterday, I was the second student to do the presentation. Because I was so nervous that I spoke so fast at first, Adrianne stopped me, HOHO, thank you! Then I spoke slowly with confidence. I found our classmates were interested in my presentation, it gave me more confidence. Fortunately, I finished it. I think we have to be relaxed when we do the presentation, believe ourselves, we can do it, right!!!
Thanks again to Adrianne, Sherry, Toby and my classmates. Because of your help, your support, I have become more confident. I hope we all can finish it well. I like to hear “CONGRATULATION”!!!!

6 comments:

Toby said...

long spot~~which can shows you really happy about the work you did and you really did good job.
congratulations.

AURELIO CABRERA said...

You did a wonderful presentation and I do not have other word to say for you more that CONGRATULATIONS

Truc Pham said...

hehe, nothing is unexpected in your presentation and research paper. You did excellent jobs:P

Emily said...

Congratulation!!! you did a very good job!!

Choyi said...

Hi Tiffany,
I learned many things about the concepts of brands from your presentation. Well done and take care of yourself. :)

Choyi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.